All the device file updates in the CTC Admin platform are achieved through a job. A job can have multiple tasks (files), and you can add more after the job has initially been created. To add a job, follow these steps:
Note: You also can create a new job via the Provisioning >> Jobs screen. See Adding a Job for details.
- Make sure that you are logged in to the account in which you want to place the new job. (See Switching Accounts for details on how to change the account you are viewing.)
- Click in the left sidebar menu.
The Devices screen will appear and list all the devices in the account you are logged in to.
- Locate the rows of the devices the job will apply to.
If necessary, you can use the Search feature to find them, as shown in Searching for Devices.
- Select the check boxes of the devices.
- In the options bar above the grid, click to the left of Bulk Actions.
The Bulk Device Actions dialog box will appear.
- Select Create Job in the list of options on the left.
Task rows will appear in the right frame.
- Click the Device/File Type, App ID, and Version App ID drop-down arrows and make the needed selections for each task in the job.
- To change the priority order of a task, click in its row and then select Move Up (to move it higher in the priority list) or Move Down (to move it down).
Note: You can delete a task by clicking on the overflow menu.
- You can add new task rows by clicking Add Task and repeating steps 7 and 8.
- In the Activity Name field, select the default text provided (such as "3 Devices with 2 Files") and type the name you would like to use for the job.
- Click Process.
A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Dismiss to exit it. (Or you can wait a few seconds, and it will automatically close.)
UPDATING DEVICES OVER THE AIR/CREATING A JOB USING AN API
To create a job using an API, refer to Create Job.