On the Devices screen, you can create a new group and assign the first batch of devices that belong to it as follows:
- Click on the left sidebar menu.
The Devices screen will appear and list all the devices in the account you are logged in to. (See Switching Accounts for details on how to change the account you are viewing.)
- Locate the rows of the devices you want to add to the new group.
If necessary, you can use the Search feature to find them, as shown in Searching for Devices.
- Select the check boxes of the devices.
- In the options bar above the grid, click to the left of Bulk Actions.
The Bulk Device Actions dialog box will appear.
- Select Group Assignment in the list of options on the left.
Different group actions you can take will appear in the right frame.
- Leave the Add To radio button selected.
- If you want to place the group in a different account, click the Account drop-down arrow and choose the new account.
- Click the Group drop-down arrow and select Add New Group.
Two new fields will appear, Group Name and Notes.
- Type the new group name in the Group Name field, and optionally, any comments you have about it in the Notes field.
- Click Process.
A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Dismiss to exit it. (Or you can wait a few seconds, and it will automatically close.)
Note: You also can create a group using the Admin module, as shown in Adding a Group.