You can create a new group on the Admin >> Groups screen as follows:
- Make sure that you are logged in to the account to which you want to add a group. (See Switching Accounts if you need to change the parent account.)
- Click in the left sidebar menu.
- Click Groups on the flyout menu that appears.
The Groups screen will appear and list the groups of the account you are logged in to.
- Click Add New at the top right.
The Add Group dialog box will appear.
- In the Group Name field, type the name of the new group.
- Type any needed comments in the Notes field.
- To add an asset to the new group, click the Assets drop-down arrow and select the name of the asset from the list.
Note: The available assets and devices will be those in the same account in which you are placing the new group.
- To add a device to the group, click the Devices drop-down arrow and select its name.
Note: Instead of using the drop-down lists, you can click Use Grid for Asset/Device Selection, select the check boxes of the assets or devices to include, and then click Done. This method enables you to choose more than one entity at a time.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 as needed to add more assets and devices.
- Click Done.