You can create a new group on the Admin >> Groups screen as follows:
- Make sure that you are logged in to the account to which you want to add a group. (See Switching Accounts if you need to change the parent account.)
- Click on the left sidebar menu.
- Click Groups on the flyout menu that appears.
The Groups screen will appear and list the groups of the account you are logged in to.
- Click Add New at the top right.
The Add Group dialog box will appear.
- In the Group Name field, type the name of the new group.
The Account Name field will be grayed out. You can't change this as the group will be automatically added to the account you are logged in to (refer to step 1).
- Type any needed comments in the Notes field.
- To add an asset to the new group, click the Assets drop-down arrow and select the name of the asset from the list.
Note: The available assets and devices will be those in the same account in which you are placing the new group.
- To add a device to the group, click the Devices drop-down arrow and select its name.
Note: Instead of using the drop-down lists, you can click Use Grid for Asset/Device Selection, select the check boxes of the assets or devices to include, and then click Done. This method enables you to choose more than one entity at a time.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 as needed to add more assets and devices.
- Click Done.