To add a new alert/notification, follow these steps:
- Make sure that you are logged in to the account or parent of the subaccounts to which you want to add an alert. (See Switching Accounts if you need to change the parent account.)
- Click in the left sidebar menu.
- Click Notifications on the flyout menu that appears.
The Admin - Notifications screen will appear and list the alerts of the account you are logged in to.
Note: These aren't notifications you've received about your devices. These are the configurations that have been created to trigger those notifications.
- Click Add New at the top right.
The Add Notification dialog box will be displayed.
- Type the name to use for the alert in the Notification Name field.
- Click the Notification Type drop-down arrow and select the alert type you want to use.
- Type an explanation of what the notification is designed to inform the user about in the Description field.
- Click the Severity drop-down arrow and select the priority level of the alert: Low, Medium, High, or Critical.
- Leave the Notification Status field at its default value of Enabled.
Note: Disabled and Suspended will halt triggering the notification, but that's not likely what you'll want when you are adding a new one.
- Optionally, in the Snooze Duration field, type a snooze value (in seconds) for how long you would like the system to wait before sending another notification triggered from this alert.
- If you want the alert to be triggered by assets in subaccounts of the account you are logged in to, leave Process for Subaccounts selected.
- If the alert type requires trigger values, enter those (or update their default values, if needed).
- Select the sliders for the methods you want to use to deliver the notification — by text (SMS), email, URL POST, and/or push notification — and enter the contact, template, and/or platform information in the corresponding fields.
- Click Done.