You can add a new asset as follows:
- Click Admin in the left sidebar menu to expand its selections. (You may need to click its expansion arrow as well to see the submenu.)
- Click Assets on the submenu.
The Assets screen will appear.
- Click Add at the top right.
The Add Asset window will appear.
- Type the name, description, and other details on the first page of the Add Asset window, General Information.
- Make sure to specify the asset type using the Asset Type drop-down list.
- Click Next to proceed to the Additional Information page.
- Fill in as many fields as needed, based on use case.
- Click Next to continue to the Associations page.
- If applicable, click the plus sign to select devices or assets to be associated with your new asset, select the devices or assets, and then click Select.
- Click Next to continue to the Confirmation page.
Note: If the asset doesn't need any associations, click Skip.
- Click Confirm to create the new asset.