All the device file updates in the new platform are achieved through a job. A job can have multiple tasks (files), and you can add more after the job has initially been created. To add a job, follow these steps:
- Click Devices in the left sidebar menu.
The Devices screen will appear and list all the devices in the account you are logged in to.
- Locate the rows of the devices the job will apply to.
If necessary, you can use the Search or Filter feature to find them, as shown in Searching for Devices.
- Select the check boxes of the devices.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the Actions button above the grid and select Create Job from the menu.
The Create Job window will appear.
- Type a name for the job in the Job Name field.
- Optionally, you can type a short description in the Description field.
- Click the Device Type, File Type, and File Name drop-down arrows and make the needed selections for each task in the job.
- Set the priority order by clicking the up or down arrow at the far right of each task's row (up to move it higher in the priority list, down to move it down).
Note: You can delete a task by clicking the minus button in its row.
- You can add new task rows by clicking +Add Task.
- When the job is ready to submit for the selected devices, click Create Job.
UPDATING DEVICES OVER THE AIR/CREATE A JOB USING AN API
To create a job using an API, refer to Create Job.