You can create subaccounts under your main accounts, which will enable you to manage select devices in your organization or in one of your customers' organizations in a separate account. Using hierarchical account management, you can limit device access to specific users.
When you create a user at a subaccount level, that user will be able to see and manage only devices in their subaccount (and the hierarchy beneath it, if any).
To create a subaccount, follow these steps:
- Go to Admin >> Accounts.
- Click Add at the top right.
- In the Add Accounts dialog box, provide the account name.
- To make the subaccount a different subscription, select Enterprise Account and enter the subscription level. (For example, choose DM Adv for device-management functionality.)
- Click Next.
- Select the CTC Admin (for user interface access to users), DM Admin (for device management in account), and Connect API Docs applications.
- Click Next to add contact details or skip to the last section.
- Select your unit of measure and time zone.
- If necessary, select Enable Auto-Asset Creation and Enable Auto-Asset Association to have CTC automatically create an asset when an installed device detects a vehicle and automatically associate it with that vehicle in the software.
- Click Confirm to create the account.
After the subaccount is created, you can navigate to it using the steps in Switching Accounts and create users under that account with the required roles.